The profiling of athletes and regular assessment of the various systems which support their performance are crucial components of the physical development process.
A systematic approach to performance analysis ensures that all aspects of preparation become highly specific to the needs of the individual athlete, increasing the effectiveness of training and ensuring efficiency of the process as a whole.
During this module students will learn:
• Principles of Performance Test Selection
– Identifying and understanding the processes involved for selecting appropriate performance tests.
• Principles of Performance Test Application
– Understanding the factors involved in correctly administering performance tests and identifying optimal testing procedures.
• Performance Testing Protocols
– Understanding and being able to administer performance tests according to established protocols.
• Integration of Performance Test Data into Training
– Understanding how performance test data translates into meaningful training interventions and identifying the systems and procedures to integrate data into the training process.
• Establishing the Functional State of the Athlete
– Identifying effective methods of pre-training assessment and develop an understanding of athlete tolerance to prescribed training load and the probability of positive training adaptations.
• Monitoring Physical Outputs in Training & Competition
– Identifying systems designed to accurately monitor specific physical performance parameters during training, how measuring training outputs ensures optimal training response, and how to develop a specific loading profile based on performance evaluation systems in the competitive environment.
• Benchmarking Recovery
– Identify systems and procedures designed to identify athletes at risk of excessive fatigue, overreaching or overtraining and understand how to apply them to the screening and assessment process.
Most frequent questions and answers
The course is delivered mostly online. All coursework is available through pre-recorded online lectures and also live webinars. It is possible to also attend our onsite practical sessions. but it is not mandatory. Attendance for week long on site practical is not part of the fees and is at an extra cost.
The degree is awarded by the
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is a distance teaching university established in 2005 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. It delivers academic titles having legal status in Italy, Europe and worldwide Uninettuno is a global online University with over 23,000 students. A leading global university in distance education, the online teaching proposed by Uninettuno is a guarantee of quality, professionalism and innovation.
UNINETTUNO students, coming from more than160 countries, can access their courses from wherever they are with no limits of space and time: the psycho-pedagogic and didactic model was born from the results achieved by 25 years of international research programs and was realized by the Rector Prof. Maria Amata Garito and by her research team.
Award winning University for excellence in
on-line distance learning
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is awarded the E-excellence quality label for the best didactic and psycho-pedagogical models adopted on its e-learning platform. The quality label is awarded to the UNINETTUNO by European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU).
UNINETTUNO is among the three best Universities, furthermore, the only distance university that got the grade “B – fully satisfactory” by the evaluation of Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of
Universities and Research Institutes (ANVUR). The outcome gained
testifies to the excellence of its teaching and organizational model, which is shared and acknowledged by both the International and the Italian scientific community, and also to the flaws of the other Italian distance institutions in terms of teaching quality.
A different learning experience
The main educational tool of the International Telematic
University UNINETTUNO is the Internet-based learning
environment where teaching and learning are carried on in 6 languages—Italian, English, French, Arabic, Greek, Polish — and it allows implementing a new psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© that is characterized by the shift from:
teacher’s central role to the student’s central role;
knowledge transfer to knowledge creation;
integration between practice and theory;
a passive and competitive learning to active and collaborative
This psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© is characterized by the highest degree of flexibility for the student. By this model, the student can build his own learning path in function of his educational needs and of his skill-level.
The course is assessed by continuous assessment, so there are no onsite written exams. This degree is a professional masters programme, so you are encouraged to engage in your own professional practice if possible.
We prefer that you already have a Bachelors Degree in a sports discipline, or at least, closely related to it. Consideration will be given to professionals who have a established track record in sports fitness.
The total cost of the MProf is €8000. The course is divided up into a number of progression levels. The first award is the Post Graduate Certificate after you complete 20 ECTS credits, then after another 20 ECTS credits you are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma. Once you achieve 90 ECTS credits you gain your Masters Degree. You can exit at any stage of the programme and continue later. So, if you start from beginning and complete entire course, you will have a PG Cert, PG Dip and a MProf.