A variety of sports incorporate differing levels of endurance, sprint and multidirectional components in their physical demands.
The ability of the athlete to produce high levels of speed, agility and work capacity are valuable physical attributes which can often determine sporting success, and which can be modified through training. Exercise methods designed to enhance performance in these fitness qualities requires a clear understanding of the purpose, structure and content of training to prepare the athlete for the actions, movement patterns and intensities that they will encounter during competition.
Module 2 will address field-based training methods, including warm-up, speed, agility & change of direction, endurance and rehabilitation from injury.
During this module students will learn:
• Principles & Application of Pre-Training & Pre-Competition Warm-ups
– Identifying the multiple stages in the process of increasing athlete readiness, and understanding the underlying concepts in the structuring of warm-ups.
– Understanding the factors involved in warm-up delivery, and identifying modifications to warm-up procedures for different performance outcomes.
• Principles & Application of Speed Training
– Understanding how mechanisms acting at various levels in the nervous system may be modified by training to optimise the development of speed and power, and identifying the different training regimes involved in the development of sprint ability.
– Identifying specific drills and exercises designed to enhance different aspects of speed performance, including acceleration, maximum speed or maintenance of maximum speed.
• Principles & Application of Agility & Change of Direction Training
– Understanding how the various elements of agility may be modified by training, and identifying different training regimes to improve multidirectional performance.
– Identifying specific drills and exercises designed to enhance different aspects of agility performance, including acceleration, deceleration and movement skills.
• Principles & Application of Endurance Training
– Understanding the importance of energy system conditioning to physical performance and identifying effective training modalities designed to enhance various aspects of endurance in sport.
• Components of Fitness & Integrated Training for Field Sports
– Understanding the contribution of various components of fitness to field sports and identifying training methods designed to enhance those components in a way which is transferable to the sport.
– Understanding the relationship between tactical and technical aspects of field sports to physical outputs and identifying how to manipulate training drills to integrate physical objectives into field sports training.
• Periodization of Training
– Understanding the different systems of training organisation in sport and identifying the optimal training calendar under various conditions.
• Rehabilitation of Injured Players
– Understanding the process of criteria based rehabilitation and functional recovery from injury, identifying the key stages involved in return to competition decisions.
Most frequent questions and answers
The course is delivered mostly online. All coursework is available through pre-recorded online lectures and also live webinars. It is possible to also attend our onsite practical sessions. but it is not mandatory. Attendance for week long on site practical is not part of the fees and is at an extra cost.
The degree is awarded by the
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is a distance teaching university established in 2005 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. It delivers academic titles having legal status in Italy, Europe and worldwide Uninettuno is a global online University with over 23,000 students. A leading global university in distance education, the online teaching proposed by Uninettuno is a guarantee of quality, professionalism and innovation.
UNINETTUNO students, coming from more than160 countries, can access their courses from wherever they are with no limits of space and time: the psycho-pedagogic and didactic model was born from the results achieved by 25 years of international research programs and was realized by the Rector Prof. Maria Amata Garito and by her research team.
Award winning University for excellence in
on-line distance learning
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is awarded the E-excellence quality label for the best didactic and psycho-pedagogical models adopted on its e-learning platform. The quality label is awarded to the UNINETTUNO by European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU).
UNINETTUNO is among the three best Universities, furthermore, the only distance university that got the grade “B – fully satisfactory” by the evaluation of Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of
Universities and Research Institutes (ANVUR). The outcome gained
testifies to the excellence of its teaching and organizational model, which is shared and acknowledged by both the International and the Italian scientific community, and also to the flaws of the other Italian distance institutions in terms of teaching quality.
A different learning experience
The main educational tool of the International Telematic
University UNINETTUNO is the Internet-based learning
environment where teaching and learning are carried on in 6 languages—Italian, English, French, Arabic, Greek, Polish — and it allows implementing a new psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© that is characterized by the shift from:
teacher’s central role to the student’s central role;
knowledge transfer to knowledge creation;
integration between practice and theory;
a passive and competitive learning to active and collaborative
This psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© is characterized by the highest degree of flexibility for the student. By this model, the student can build his own learning path in function of his educational needs and of his skill-level.
The course is assessed by continuous assessment, so there are no onsite written exams. This degree is a professional masters programme, so you are encouraged to engage in your own professional practice if possible.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
We prefer that you already have a Bachelors Degree in a sports discipline, or at least, closely related to it. Consideration will be given to professionals who have a established track record in sports fitness.
The total cost of the MProf is €8000. The course is divided up into a number of progression levels. The first award is the Post Graduate Certificate after you complete 20 ECTS credits, then after another 20 ECTS credits you are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma. Once you achieve 90 ECTS credits you gain your Masters Degree. You can exit at any stage of the programme and continue later. So, if you start from beginning and complete entire course, you will have a PG Cert, PG Dip and a MProf.