The physical demands of training and competition result in a large amount of physical stress which, if not addressed and managed correctly, can result in athletes becoming excessively fatigued
. Incomplete recovery can result in underperformance and injury, therefore effective recovery strategies are required to alleviate fatigue, regain performance levels, promote adaptation and reduce the risk of injury or burnout.
During this module students will learn:
• Principles of Athlete Stress & Fatigue
– Understanding of the varied nature of physical stress responses in athletes, the cause of these stress responses and the effect they have on physical performance.
– Identifying models of stress response – GAS, Fitness-Fatigue
• Benchmarking Recovery
– Understanding systems and procedures designed to identify athletes at risk of excessive fatigue, overreaching or overtraining, and identifying the relevant recovery modalities to apply to those athletes.
• Principles & Application of Post-Competition Recovery
– Understanding the timeframe associated with post-competition recovery and identifying regeneration protocols designed to minimise the stress response and enhance the recovery process.
• Principles & Application of Post-Training Recovery
– Identifying recovery modalities designed to maximise specific training induced adaptations in the athlete and identifying any modalities which may inhibit the adaptation response.
• Sleep & Performance
– Understanding the role sleep plays in recovery and the impact sleep deprivation has on physical performance, identifying the cycles of sleep and strategies the athlete may adopt to improve sleep.
Most frequent questions and answers
The course is delivered mostly online. All coursework is available through pre-recorded online lectures and also live webinars. It is possible to also attend our onsite practical sessions. but it is not mandatory. Attendance for week long on site practical is not part of the fees and is at an extra cost.
The degree is awarded by the
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is a distance teaching university established in 2005 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. It delivers academic titles having legal status in Italy, Europe and worldwide Uninettuno is a global online University with over 23,000 students. A leading global university in distance education, the online teaching proposed by Uninettuno is a guarantee of quality, professionalism and innovation.
UNINETTUNO students, coming from more than160 countries, can access their courses from wherever they are with no limits of space and time: the psycho-pedagogic and didactic model was born from the results achieved by 25 years of international research programs and was realized by the Rector Prof. Maria Amata Garito and by her research team.
Award winning University for excellence in
on-line distance learning
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is awarded the E-excellence quality label for the best didactic and psycho-pedagogical models adopted on its e-learning platform. The quality label is awarded to the UNINETTUNO by European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU).
UNINETTUNO is among the three best Universities, furthermore, the only distance university that got the grade “B – fully satisfactory” by the evaluation of Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of
Universities and Research Institutes (ANVUR). The outcome gained
testifies to the excellence of its teaching and organizational model, which is shared and acknowledged by both the International and the Italian scientific community, and also to the flaws of the other Italian distance institutions in terms of teaching quality.
A different learning experience
The main educational tool of the International Telematic
University UNINETTUNO is the Internet-based learning
environment where teaching and learning are carried on in 6 languages—Italian, English, French, Arabic, Greek, Polish — and it allows implementing a new psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© that is characterized by the shift from:
teacher’s central role to the student’s central role;
knowledge transfer to knowledge creation;
integration between practice and theory;
a passive and competitive learning to active and collaborative
This psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© is characterized by the highest degree of flexibility for the student. By this model, the student can build his own learning path in function of his educational needs and of his skill-level.
The course is assessed by continuous assessment, so there are no onsite written exams. This degree is a professional masters programme, so you are encouraged to engage in your own professional practice if possible.
We prefer that you already have a Bachelors Degree in a sports discipline, or at least, closely related to it. Consideration will be given to professionals who have a established track record in sports fitness.
The total cost of the MProf is €8000. The course is divided up into a number of progression levels. The first award is the Post Graduate Certificate after you complete 20 ECTS credits, then after another 20 ECTS credits you are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma. Once you achieve 90 ECTS credits you gain your Masters Degree. You can exit at any stage of the programme and continue later. So, if you start from beginning and complete entire course, you will have a PG Cert, PG Dip and a MProf.