High quality nutrition underpins the entire physical performance process, and supports the athlete in all aspects of training, competition and recovery.
High quality nutrition underpins the entire physical performance process, and supports the athlete in all aspects of training, competition and recovery. By optimizing nutritional intake, the athlete will ensure that the energy demands of the sport or competition are met. Nutrition is crucial to a positive outcome in the recovery and regeneration process encompassing both competition and training, and ensures that the athlete maintains a body composition suitable for the sport. In addition, diet can affect the mood, concentration and mental drive of the athlete, therefore is fundamental to physical performance.
During this module students will learn:
• Principles of Performance Nutrition
– Understanding the fundamental principles underpinning nutrition and how they relate to athletic performance.
• Energy Demands in Sport
– Identifying the various energy demands in sport and understanding how they are affected by nutritional strategies.
– Identifying specific nutritional strategies to optimise physical performance.
• Principles of Meal Composition
– Understanding the relevance of meal composition to performance and identifying the optimal composition of meals at different times of the day and at various stages of the competition calendar.
• Principles of Recovery Nutrition
– Understanding the role nutrition plays in the regeneration of the athlete and identifying specific nutritional strategies at key stages of the recovery process.
• Role of Body Composition in Performance
– Understanding the importance of optimal body composition to physical performance in fundamentally differing sports and identifying specific dietary interventions to adjust body composition whilst maintaining physical output.
• Optimised Hormonal & Neurotransmitter Profile of the Athlete
– Identifying the hormones and neurotransmitters fundamental to athletic performance and how they relate to nutrition, understanding how modifications in diet and supplementation can optimise the hormonal profile of the athlete and enhance training.
• Utilisation of Nutritional Supplements
– Understanding the role of supplementation in sport, and identifying which supplements are necessary to support performance.
Most frequent questions and answers
The course is delivered mostly online. All coursework is available through pre-recorded online lectures and also live webinars. It is possible to also attend our onsite practical sessions. but it is not mandatory. Attendance for week long on site practical is not part of the fees and is at an extra cost.
The degree is awarded by the
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is a distance teaching university established in 2005 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. It delivers academic titles having legal status in Italy, Europe and worldwide Uninettuno is a global online University with over 23,000 students. A leading global university in distance education, the online teaching proposed by Uninettuno is a guarantee of quality, professionalism and innovation.
UNINETTUNO students, coming from more than160 countries, can access their courses from wherever they are with no limits of space and time: the psycho-pedagogic and didactic model was born from the results achieved by 25 years of international research programs and was realized by the Rector Prof. Maria Amata Garito and by her research team.
Award winning University for excellence in
on-line distance learning
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is awarded the E-excellence quality label for the best didactic and psycho-pedagogical models adopted on its e-learning platform. The quality label is awarded to the UNINETTUNO by European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU).
UNINETTUNO is among the three best Universities, furthermore, the only distance university that got the grade “B – fully satisfactory” by the evaluation of Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of
Universities and Research Institutes (ANVUR). The outcome gained
testifies to the excellence of its teaching and organizational model, which is shared and acknowledged by both the International and the Italian scientific community, and also to the flaws of the other Italian distance institutions in terms of teaching quality.
A different learning experience
The main educational tool of the International Telematic
University UNINETTUNO is the Internet-based learning
environment where teaching and learning are carried on in 6 languages—Italian, English, French, Arabic, Greek, Polish — and it allows implementing a new psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© that is characterized by the shift from:
teacher’s central role to the student’s central role;
knowledge transfer to knowledge creation;
integration between practice and theory;
a passive and competitive learning to active and collaborative
This psycho-pedagogic model by Prof. Maria Amata Garito© is characterized by the highest degree of flexibility for the student. By this model, the student can build his own learning path in function of his educational needs and of his skill-level.
The course is assessed by continuous assessment, so there are no onsite written exams. This degree is a professional masters programme, so you are encouraged to engage in your own professional practice if possible.
We prefer that you already have a Bachelors Degree in a sports discipline, or at least, closely related to it. Consideration will be given to professionals who have a established track record in sports fitness.
The total cost of the MProf is €8000. The course is divided up into a number of progression levels. The first award is the Post Graduate Certificate after you complete 20 ECTS credits, then after another 20 ECTS credits you are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma. Once you achieve 90 ECTS credits you gain your Masters Degree. You can exit at any stage of the programme and continue later. So, if you start from beginning and complete entire course, you will have a PG Cert, PG Dip and a MProf.